Presentation and styling are critical to achieving a top sale price and should never been seen as a criticism of your personal style. Over many years we have developed a formula to attract the widest pool of buyers. Showcasing space and light will help buyers imagine living at the property.
Our top 9 tips:
- Neutral & minimal – De-clutter as much as possible and use neutral tones
- The personal touch – remove personal photos except one or two so buyers can imagine themselves living there
- Professional styling – Cost is determined by what is required from basic re-positioning of furniture to full home staging
- Splash of colour – complementary colours are important for coherent photos, consider fresh flowers or a throw pillow to brighten up dull rooms
- Professional photography – high standard photos that would feature on real estate websites and/or in the paper will attract the maximum amount of views online and at inspections
- Spotless presentation – immaculately tidy, clean and smelling fresh for each open is very important to ensure buyers linger longer
- No Pets policy –Remove all pets, kitty trays and food bowls for each open. Lightly deodorize all rooms to avoid bad smells putting off buyers.
- Outdoor appeal – If the front or rear yards need a makeover, additional plants and mulch can make a huge difference. If you already have the perfect set up, simply keep the lawns maintained, trees and plants tidy.
- Paint & carpet – if budget permits, this is one of the oldest tricks in the book. Go for neutral tones and you can’t go wrong!
“You never get a second chance at a great first impression”
Thank you for taking the time to read through these suggestions and we hope you’ve taken a few pointers. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
“Good, honest people. Sold my house quickly and were available for advice when needed. Always went above and beyond what they needed to do. Highly recommended” Seller – Megan M