Last month planned works began on the redevelopment of the Mill Park Leisure Centre. Although local residents will be inconvenienced in the short term, they will greatly benefit from this community fitness and aquatic hub once it is back in operation.
City Of Whittlesea is providing $20 million to fund the project, with a further $5 million coming from the State Government.
Expected to be completed mid-2020, the centre will be closed during the redevelopment.
The upgraded facility will include the following:
– Three new pools – one for leisure, another for learn to swim classes, and a new warm water pool
– Larger spa and sauna
– Upgrade to the existing 25 metre pool
– Family, group and school change facilities and improved change options for people with disabilities
– New café, retail area and reception
– Bigger and better group fitness rooms
– Refurbished crèche
– Landscaped outdoor space with play equipment, barbecues and exercise equipment
– Improved accessibility throughout
– Improved weight training and cardio areas.
Watch the fly through video tour of the centre HERE
Residents who would like to keep up to date with the works can so at the City Of Whittlesea website HERE